Friday, April 1, 2011

Another update....

     I'm not sure if I will post this often in the future, but while I have the energy, I might as well do so now. In search of a convenience store last night, I walked a few kilometers around the hotel. Nothing. Granted, it was dark, but it didn't feel like they expected people to wander around the hotel areas. On the first floor of the hotel, there is a small gift shop. At this point, things there are too expensive, and I don't want little trinkets. Dinner eventually was bought out of a vending machine. For Japan, vending machines aren't all that bad. In fact, that is one of those things I would like to see the states addopt, vending machines with good/useful/cool stuff. I had cup noodle and juice. I am waiting to find my convenience store, for some heavier food. Perhaps some udon. I'll be sitting around for another 6 hours or so, waiting to meet up with the contacts from TGU.

     I do plan on taking photos, but while I'm still technically in transit, it does make things a little tricky. After the flight (12+ hours), and then customs and finding Pourier (the other Carthage student) arriving at the Tobu Hotel and checking in around 6:00 or 7:00 pm Japan time, I was fairly tired, as my previous post stated. I slept from roughly 8:00 pm JST to 6:00 am JST (next day). Ten hours of fantastic sleep. Now, I need some more fuel for the belly, and an opportunity to open up all my luggage. So much to move. So, with that, off I go to figure out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment