Friday, May 6, 2011

In The Meantime...

    Instead of studying, as I undoubted should be doing, I am stalling to write this update. In all reality, I haven't done all that much during this past period known as 'Golden Week.' I spent a large majority of the time off, relaxing in my room. While here, I have studied, played games, written, made 'art,' and watched videos from various sources. I must say, I have enjoyed it.

    Tonight, after my classes for Friday, I will make my way to the Aikido Kobayashi Dojo, I've mentioned in previous posts and on the "AIKIDO/BUDO" portion of the blog. At this time, I do not know what style of training I'll be in store for, but I hope it will live up to my dreams of Aikido training in Japan (as I'm sure it will).

    I attempted to visit the Kobayashi Dojo this past Sunday, as indicated on my FB page (and the AIKIDO/BUDO page), I found that the Dojo was closed for Golden Week. I was happy to have at least located the dojo itself. I have been in contact with an assistant instructor at the dojo, who has been most helpful. I am still waiting to see if the Aikido Kobayashi Dojo is Aikikai affiliated, but am excited to continue practicing regardless.

    Although, I have found an Aikido dojo to practice at, I will not stop attending the Aiki Budo club at TGU. At the university club, I have met some wonderful people. And, granted, the style is quite foreign to me, it is an enjoyable experience learning new things. Hopefully, the Aiki Budo training will (under my direction, surely) manifest itself in ways that will strengthen my traditional Aikido practice. I'm very excited and generally quite hopeful. Now, to siphon some of this enthusiasm and focus to learning the language better...


    I leave you with a short post today (tonight, for those state side). And, in closing I present another image from my time here. Thank you for those who have commented, as well. I might not be responding as I should, but I am deeply warmed by your comments and by the fact that I am not writing these accounts in a vacuum. Now, as promised, the picture!

Photobucket

    The image was taken at a small udon/soba (noodle) shop a few blocks from the Hitotsubashi grounds I'm living at. The shop had a lot of character, with vintage Japanese signs and 50's era imagery. As you can see in the photo, there was an interplay between Modern (in the vintage sense...whatever that might mean) and a traditional Japanese aesthetic. Sounds like a topic for a whole other blog. Any ways, take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment